Tell us about your history with sleep apnea and other treatments you tried.
- I’ve been snoring with sleep apnea for years. I decided to have a sleep test 2 years ago which showed severe sleep apnea. I tried the CPAP but it was uncomfortable and caused me dry mouth.
What made you consider the AIRLIFT procedure?
- I didn’t want to continue using my uncomfortable machine and the palate procedures seemed too insane.
How would you describe the surgical experience, procedure and recovery? Did you have other procedures along with AIRLIFT?
- All positive. I felt back to myself within days and was sleeping better almost immediately. I also had septum and turbinate surgery at the same time.
Do you believe this surgery has been effective for you? If so, in what ways and how soon could you tell after the surgery that it was working?
- Yes, very. I feel more rested during the day with more energy earlier in the day.
Are you glad you had the procedure? Would you recommend this procedure for others suffering from sleep apnea?
- Yes, Absolutely.
What advice would you give to others about surgery that have sleep apnea and can’t use CPAP or other treatments?
- Don’t put it off any longer. I strongly recommend the hyoid suspension with AirLift.