Tell us about your history with sleep apnea and other treatments you tried.
- I realized that I was fatigued all the time. My doctor did a sleep apnea test. It showed that I stopped breathing at least 40 times an hour. I was started on a Bi-PAP machine and I tried to use it for 3 years without success.
What made you consider the AIRLIFT procedure?
- After seeing an advertisement for AIRLIFT I immediately checked it out to see what it was.
How would you describe the surgical experience, procedure and recovery? Did you have other procedures along with AIRLIFT?
- Along with the AIRLIFT hyoid procedure I had a procedure on my septum and back of my tongue. I didn’t have too much pain except for my throat. It was hard to swallow and eat until about 2 weeks when it felt better. I didn’t really have too much discomfort except for my throat.
Do you believe this surgery has been effective for you? If so, in what ways and how soon could you tell after the surgery that it was working?
- I could tell the very next day that I slept better. It was the first time I could sleep on my back with no problems in a long time. It was the best thing I have ever done. I can sleep on my back every night and not wake up from snoring.
Are you glad you had the procedure? Would you recommend this procedure for others suffering from sleep apnea?
- I would recommend to anyone who qualifies to have this done. Best surgery I have had so far. Sleep like a baby now, all night long.
What advice would you give to others about surgery that have sleep apnea and can’t use CPAP or other treatments?
- Talk to a doctor in your area that does the surgery then make an appointment as soon as possible if you are qualified. This really is a dream come true, I’m now able to sleep all night.